|<#INPUT...> Displays data from the primary table in an <input...> or <select...> tag primarily for the following functions: Entity, Subentity, Lead. Some action must be performed to save the data that was changed. In the Entity function, if Dynamic pages (Ajax) are enabled, the save is automatic. If not, the Save icon must be clicked. For Lead and SubEntity - the Save icon or button must be clicked.
Any parameter that is not defined by WiredContact is passed through to the tag on the HTML form. This is how Class=[classname] and Style="[style parameters]" are passed.
- Dropdowns - if the field has a dropdown defined in the "Field Information" for a table, it is displayed with the options "BE"
When using dropdowns, there are additional <#input parameters that you can use:
- B - Field may be blank
- E - User may use a value that is not included in the dropdown
- X - Suppress the dropdown
- R - See the end of this document was the old "Required" and is not available with dynamic pages turned on since the data has yet to be saved. another way to try and enforce better standards is to highlight the fields. also covered at the end of this document.
- W - Use the WiredContact popup with Type Ahead instead of the traditional dropdown
- M - Allow multiple selections from the dropdown - this shows a popup window that the user must hold the CTRL key down in order to select multiple items
- C - Use with "M" - uses checkboxes to select multiple items
- A - Add new values to the standard dropdown. This option is not recommended. Using Database Dropdowns may be more effective than this option as it will self correct for mistakes as the data is cleaned.
- Suppress=[item in dropdown to suppress] - suppress dropdown items. Use complete parameter for each item to suppress
- Columns=x - change the number of columns to show when using options=MC
- page=[file name] - change the template to use for a popup window
- Field=[field name] - the name of the field that holds the data for the record you want to display.
- Format=[field format] - The default for this parameter is what ever "Usage" is selected for the field in the Table/Field list. You can override the "Usage" by using the Format parameter.
- noeditmyrecord - If you have a field that you don't want the user to modify when they're on their own contact record - this parameter will prohibit it.
- nosecurity - Turn field level security off for this instance of this field.
- Mask=[data mask] - Shows how numeric/date/time/phone data can be displayed.
- Decimals=[numeric] - For numeric data, how many decimals to display.
- Dropdownfile=[file name] - path of the file that contains the dropdown items
- LinkFieldProfile=[profile name] - Link Field profile for copying data from one or more fields from the same or another table to the current record.
- Linkfield=[field name] - If you have only one field to copy from the same table to this record - this may be simpler than using the profile.
- LinkFieldParams="[parameters for linkfield]" - use with LinkField.
- LinkTable="[Table Name]" - use with LinkField to specify another table other than the current one.
- SyncTable=[table name] - Sync Field profiles are the preferred way to sync field values between record. The older "Sync[table/field/idfield/idfieldvalue] method is not recommended any longer..
- FilterFieldBy="[field name]" - for use with Filter dropdowns - the value in the field specified is used to filter the dropdown
- ApplyFilterTo="[field name]" - for use with Filter dropdowns - when the value of this field changes - the Filtered dropdown of the target field changes based on the filter
- OpenParams=[parameters] - If you need to specify the open parameters for a popup window (for example, to create a larger multi-select window, or a larger minilookup for a LinkField profile
- page=[file name] - change the template to use for a popup window or mini-lookup window.
- onblur=[function] - adds to the onblur event for the <input tag, typically reserved for the ajax function call when using Dynamic Pages
You may use types "checkbox" and "radio" in the <#input...> tag, but the preferred method would be to use <#Checkbox...> and <#radio....>